English Language Facilitator (full-time)
Through the Total Immersion Program, ESEC provides a unique platform to equip local teachers with effective learning and teaching strategies and tools that empower students and bring joy to learning. Our efforts work towards closing the large educational inequity gap in China, bringing opportunity to students from the most rural mountains of Tibet to the villages in the grasslands of Inner Mongolia.
TIP is among the few not-for-profit programs with a large scale impact, technical expertise and long history in China, that aims to improve English basic education and empower English teachers and students in underserved regions throughout the country.
As a facilitator, you would lead dynamic conversational group activities in the English teacher training classroom, teach about American culture and Christian values, and spend individual time with teachers outside the classroom. ESEC’s teacher training sessions take place in locations throughout China, which means a facilitator could experience a wide range of the cultures, foods, and landscapes China has to offer. Through your service and professional endeavors, you will have opportunities to improve the lives of teachers and their students, and make known the love of Christ in China through the building of meaningful and lasting relationships.
– JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS –
What you will be doing:
• Model student-centered learning activities in the training, using our ready-made program lesson plans and materials.
• Equip teachers to apply student-centered learning and higher-order thinking attributes in their own classroom.
• Facilitate in lively conversational activities.
• Share knowledge of Western-culture in and out of classroom.
• Work with the team to continue to develop lessons based on new research and information.
• Motivate English teachers with love and encouragement.
• Assist Eduction Specialist(s) in creating training mateirials and providing teacher coaching for long-term projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in any subject
• Be a passport holder of an English speaking country such as USA, Canada, Australia, U.K, New Zealand.
• Have a heart to serve Christ
• Have the ability to collaborate in a team environment and the ability to adjust to last minute changes as necessary.
• Background in education preferred
• Being in good health and eager to travel is required for this position.
• At least 2-year English language training experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication and/or public speaking skills;
• Ability to self-learn and eager to learn;
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to a new environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and administrative support.
• Understanding of Asian culture/language and living experience in the region a plus.
• 5000-8000 RMB/month stipend (depending on qualifications and responsibilities)
• Housing and utilities provided
• Round-trip economy airfare from home to China (per year)
• Chinese health insurance • Training provided
A typical full month of work might include one 7-day school district visit with one of ESEC’s local education bureau partners, one weekend teacher training/conference, and/or one 9-day English teacher training program. During a teaching program, a typical day might include 3-5 hours of classroom/instructional time, and 2-4 hours of preparation/office work time.
Though seasonal, on average, ESEC runs anywhere between 1 and 4 teaching programs per month in different cities around China, of varying length depending on the local/program needs and the organization’s calendar. Your monthly assignment may include 1 or 2 weekend trainings/workshops per month and your travel outside of Beijing might total from 5-20 days per month. Being in good health and eager to travel is required for this position.
We’d love to hear from you!CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF English Language facilitator
Your Application Step-By-Step
- Step 1.
Start your application by letting us know what month(s) you’d like to serve with us, your contact information and personal information. You can save and return to finish your application at any point. so handy!
- Step 2.
For the year-long application process, we ask that you submit four references (1 pastoral, 1 supervisor, 1 close friend and a family member). You can submit your references in the application form. Please reach out to us if you have questions about this.
- Step 3.
we also ask you to write a few brief essays reflecting on your desire to serve in China and on some personal experiences. Don’t worry, you can pause your application, finish your essays, and finish from there.
- Step 4.
After you submit your application and all your references have come in, our recruitment office will be in touch with you shortly to invite you for a Skype interview. But don’t wait until then to give us a ring! We’d love to hear from you
Contact our office
Contact Human Resources
Contact our Beijing Office