Education Specialist (full-time)
with extensive K-12 teaching and teacher training/mentoring experience, who have a heart to serve Christ in China, to apply for the position of Education Specialist with ESEC’s Total Immersion Program (TIP). Through the Total Immersion Program, ESEC provides a unique platform to equip local teachers with effective learning and teaching strategies and tools that empower students and bring joy to learning. Our efforts work towards closing the large educational inequity gap in China, bringing opportunity to students from the most rural mountains of Tibet to the villages in the grasslands of Inner Mongolia. TIP is among the few not-for-profit programs with a large scale impact, technical expertise and long history in China, that aims to improve English basic education and empower English teachers and students in underserved regions throughout the country. As ESEC’s Education Specialist, you will regularly visit local schools in districts across the country, spending quality time with teachers in observing their classrooms, coaching them in their teaching, and organizing professional development seminars and workshops. Through your service and professional endeavors, you will have opportunities to improve the lives of teachers and their students, and make known the love of Christ in China through the building of meaningful and lasting relationships.
– JOB DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS –
What you will be doing:
• You will be working within an ESEC team to serve schools and education districts by creating English teacher development strategies, developing implementation plans and executing on-site trainings.
• Plan and implement English teacher training seminars and workshops, providing tips and strategies on making class time more engaging and effective.
• Train and mentor school or district lead teachers to become teacher trainers.
• Develop classroom and program assessment tools.
• Train coworkers in teaching methodology.
• Provide consultation in improving the organization’s effectiveness on teacher development.
• Give demonstration English lessons for K-12 classes to model engaging student-centered learning.
• Occasionally write short articles or reports, or give presentations for promotion of ESEC’s field activities.
Desired Skills and Experience
• K-12 teaching certification, with specialization in TESOL or English/Language Arts preferred, with at least 7 years of classroom experience.
• Extensive experience in the realm of teacher training or teacher mentoring/coaching.
• Ability to evaluate English education programs and teacher’s professional development.
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to a new environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and administrative support.
• Understanding of Asian culture/language and experience in education administration a plus.Special Requirements• Passport holder of native-English speaking country (U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand), due to China work visa restrictions.
• A strong desire to serve and see teachers succeed and thrive. A minimum of 1 year commitment (a 2-year commitment is desired).
• 8,000-15,000 RMB per month (depending on qualifications and experience)
• Housing provided, according to good local living standards
• Chinese health insurance provided
• Round-trip economy airfare from home to China (per year)
• 1 month per year unpaid leave
• All Chinese National Holidays are observed and considered paid leave
A typical month on the job
preparation /office work time.
Though seasonal, on average, ESEC runs anywhere between 1 and 4 teaching programs per month in different cities around China, of varying length depending on the local/program needs and the organization’s calendar. Your monthly assignment may include 1 or 2 weekend trainings/workshops per month and your travel outside of Beijing might total from 5-20 days per month. Being in good health and eager to travel is required for this position.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION OF EDUCATION EXPERT
Your Application Step-By-Step
- Step 1.
Start your application by letting us know what month(s) you’d like to serve with us, your contact information and personal information.
- Step 2.
We ask you to submit two/four references (we only require two for summer sessions applicants). For those applying for long-term service, we’d ask that you submit 4 references. (pastor, supervisor, close friend and a family member)
- Step 3.
We’ll ask you to write a few brief essays reflecting on your desire to serve in China and on some personal experiences.
- Step 4.
After you submit your application and all your references have come in, our Beijing office will be in touch with you shortly to invite you for a Skype interview. But don’t wait until then to contact us! We’d love to hear from you
Contact our office
Contact Human Resources
Contact our Beijing Office